FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 20, 2016
Join the Canadian RV and Camping Industry with a Start of the Season Barbeque
The Recreation Vehicle Dealer Association (RVDA) of Canada and the Canadian Camping and RV Council (CCRVC) will be celebrating the upcoming Canadian RVing and Camping Week with a barbeque at Grosmorne RV/Campground this Saturday, May 21st at 11:00am. Campers will be welcomed by MP Gudie Hutchings, Parliamentary Secretary to Small Business and Tourism (Long Range Mountains – Newfoundland). A long-time RV enthusiast, MP Hutchings is excited to spend the long weekend outside in Rocky Harbour National Park located in her local riding.
Canadian RVing and Camping Week will run from Tuesday, May 24 to Sunday, May 29, 2016. The Canadian RV and Campground Industry make significant contributions to Canada’s economy. The camping sector contributes $4.7 billion to Canada’s GDP and creates 60,000 jobs in small communities across the country. More than 200 campgrounds from coast-to-coast are participating in this annual event that showcases all that Canadian camping has to offer.
Canadian RVing and Camping Week is designed to encourage Canadians to get outside to enjoy a fun, safe and secure camping experience with family and friends. Participating campgrounds are offering either, a special discounted rate of $50 for two nights May 28 and 29, or stay five for the price of four.
“I am thrilled to see over 200 campgrounds participating in Canadian RVing and Camping Week May 24th-29th, 2016 by offering campers the opportunity for discounted stays, organized fundraising events and building memories to cherish. As we kick-off the Canadian RV and Camping Season across Canada I encourage everyone to get outdoors and reserve your campsite to truly experience all of the tremendous features that this memorable week has to offer” – Shane Devenish, President, Canadian Camping and RV Council
“Camping and RVing is a popular activity in Canada. In fact, more than 14% of Canadian households own an RV. Canadian RV Dealers are also supporting this week with designated special events at their businesses. We are so pleased to have a national week that is dedicated to getting Canadians outdoors, camping and RVing thus giving them an opportunity time to spend quality time with family and friends.” – Eleonore Hamm, President, Recreation Vehicle Dealers Association of Canada
The Recreation Vehicle Dealers Association of Canada is a national, volunteer federation of provincial and regional RVDA associations and their members, who have united to form a professional trade association for all businesses involved in the recreation vehicle industry.
The Canadian Camping and RV Council is a Canada-wide industry association that represents approximately 1500 campgrounds as well as RV manufacturers and retailers. Its mission is to support Canada’s camping and RV industries, foster projects to enhance the camping experience for Canadians and international visitors and work with federal decision makers to ensure a thriving Canadian tourism sector.
For more information, please contact:
Cell: 647.967.9324 | Office: 647-317-9057
- Invitation to meet with Campgrounds on April 10th - April 1, 2019
- Parks and Campground Owners’ Association of Alberta holds Board Meetings and Assembly for Campgrounds in Alberta in Rocky Mountain House, Alberta October 17th, 2018. - October 17, 2018
- The Parks and Campgrounds Owners’ Association of Alberta and CCRVC disappointed that Federal Budget failed to include protective CRA tax measures - March 27, 2018
- Canadian Camping and RV Council meet with MPs in Ottawa - December 10, 2016
- The Honourable Gudie Hutchings announces start of Canadian RVing and Camping Week 2016 - May 24, 2016
- Parks and Campgrounds Owners’ Association of Alberta donates to citizens of Fort McMurray - May 13, 2016
- Canadian Camping and RV Council and Recreational Vehicle Dealers Association of Canada Lobby Day - April 14, 2016
- Parks and Campgrounds Owners’ Association of Alberta joins Canadian Camping and RV Council in their Board Meeting in Ottawa, Ontario - April 13, 2016
- Canadian RVing and Camping Week – May 24th-29th, 2016 - April 6, 2016