Campground Association donates to Wildfire Recovery
Parks and Owners’ Association of Alberta and The Canadian Camping and RV Council of Burlington, Ontario are joining other organizations and dealerships in offering financial support for the victims of the Fort McMurray fire.
“On behalf of the members of the Canadian Camping & RV Council and the Parks & Campground Owners’ Association of Alberta, we are joining other Associations in the Canadian RV Industry in donating $5,000 to the Canadian Red Cross in support of those affected by the wildfires in Alberta,” said Cara Braeutigam, of Mountain View Camping and the Parks and Campground Owners’ Association Chairperson. “As the citizens in the Fort McMurray area look to begin rebuilding their community, our thoughts are with them at this devastating time.”
The Parks and Campgrounds Owners’ Association of Alberta joins the Ontario RV Dealers Association (ORVDA), Alberta-based dealer Woody’s RV, British Columbia-based Traveland RV, Western RV Country, the RV Dealers Association of British Columbia and the RVDA of Alberta who have made donations previously.
“We have many families here who are struggling to cope with this massive loss,” Braeutigam said. “I simply can’t imagine the sadness and weight on their shoulders, and all of the unknowns. It puts so much into perspective and is so inspiring to see Canadians rally behind our own. I’m humbled by all of the kindness, selflessness, and generosity apparent in this time of need.”
The Parks and Owners’ Association of Alberta’s donation has been made directly to the Canadian Red Cross, Alberta Fires Appeal. The organization also is encouraging its member body to contribute. Donations can be made directly online at www.redcross.ca/albertafires or by contacting the local Canadian Red Cross office.
- Invitation to meet with Campgrounds on April 10th - April 1, 2019
- Parks and Campground Owners’ Association of Alberta holds Board Meetings and Assembly for Campgrounds in Alberta in Rocky Mountain House, Alberta October 17th, 2018. - October 17, 2018
- The Parks and Campgrounds Owners’ Association of Alberta and CCRVC disappointed that Federal Budget failed to include protective CRA tax measures - March 27, 2018
- Canadian Camping and RV Council meet with MPs in Ottawa - December 10, 2016
- The Honourable Gudie Hutchings announces start of Canadian RVing and Camping Week 2016 - May 24, 2016
- Parks and Campgrounds Owners’ Association of Alberta donates to citizens of Fort McMurray - May 13, 2016
- Canadian Camping and RV Council and Recreational Vehicle Dealers Association of Canada Lobby Day - April 14, 2016
- Parks and Campgrounds Owners’ Association of Alberta joins Canadian Camping and RV Council in their Board Meeting in Ottawa, Ontario - April 13, 2016
- Canadian RVing and Camping Week – May 24th-29th, 2016 - April 6, 2016