Burlington, Ontario – October 17, 2018 – Parks and Campground Owners’ Association of Alberta (“PCOAA”) held their inaugural Annual General Meeting on October 17th, 2018 at the Walking Eagle Inn and Lodge in Rocky Mountain House, Alberta. The AGM was followed by an Open Meeting of Members and other interested Campground Owners from Alberta.
PCOAA’s Board is comprised of Chairperson Cara Braeutigam from Mountain View Camping, Executive Director Shane Devenish, Robert Trask Chairman Canadian Camping and RV Council, Eleonore Hamm President of the RVDA of Canada, Johan Feddema Riverview Campground (Rocky Mountain House) and Dwayne Couture Riverbend Campground (Okotoks)
Topics that were presented and discussed during the Open Session included amongst other items- history of the formation of the Parks and Campground Owners Association of Alberta and its by-laws, Association Financial Statements, current Member Benefits, the Economic Impact of the Canadian RV and Camping Industry, the group were given an update on the ongoing battle with the Canada Revenue Agency and Small Private Campgrounds Eligibility of the Small Business Tax Deduction, review the Advocacy Efforts of the Canadian Camping and RV Council, presentation on current Campground and RV Trends, Go RVing Canada’s new Campground Marketing Tie-In Program, discussions on the Legalization of Marijuana and Employee Policy Recommendations, recommendations on Social Media and Marketing for Campgrounds and new business topics.
After the conclusion of the meetings, campground owners in attendance were given a tour of Riverview Campground courtesy of owner Johan Feddema. We would like to extend our appreciation to Johan and his wife Danielle for their hospitality.
The next PCOAA meeting is tentatively scheduled for late March or early April before the start of the 2019 Camping Season while PCOAA’s next Annual General Meeting is tentatively scheduled for October 9th, 2019 in Red Deer. Communication will be sent to all campground owners when the dates and times are confirmed and we look forward to seeing everyone again.
If any Campground Owner whether at the meetings or those unable to attend are interested in receiving the Minutes of the Open Session held on October 17th, 2018 in Rocky Mountain House, Alberta they can request a copy via email to email@example.com.
About Parks and Campground Owners’ Association of Alberta:
The Parks and Campground Owners’ Association of Alberta The Parks and Campgrounds Owners’ Association of Alberta represents the interests of private campground owners in Alberta for the betterment and support of the Camping and RV Industry. The Association is a member of the Canadian Camping and RV Council, the national advocacy voice of campgrounds across Canada. The Parks and Campgrounds Owners’ Association of Alberta promotes a thriving and vibrant RV & Camping Industry in Alberta based on collaboration and advocacy with other Private Provincial Campgrounds Associations across Canada, RVDA, Go RVing Canada and the Canadian Recreational Vehicle Association.
If you have any questions on how to join PCOAA, please contact Shane Devenish via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Invitation to meet with Campgrounds on April 10th - April 1, 2019
- Parks and Campground Owners’ Association of Alberta holds Board Meetings and Assembly for Campgrounds in Alberta in Rocky Mountain House, Alberta October 17th, 2018. - October 17, 2018
- The Parks and Campgrounds Owners’ Association of Alberta and CCRVC disappointed that Federal Budget failed to include protective CRA tax measures - March 27, 2018
- Canadian Camping and RV Council meet with MPs in Ottawa - December 10, 2016
- The Honourable Gudie Hutchings announces start of Canadian RVing and Camping Week 2016 - May 24, 2016
- Parks and Campgrounds Owners’ Association of Alberta donates to citizens of Fort McMurray - May 13, 2016
- Canadian Camping and RV Council and Recreational Vehicle Dealers Association of Canada Lobby Day - April 14, 2016
- Parks and Campgrounds Owners’ Association of Alberta joins Canadian Camping and RV Council in their Board Meeting in Ottawa, Ontario - April 13, 2016
- Canadian RVing and Camping Week – May 24th-29th, 2016 - April 6, 2016