Canadian Camping and RV Council (“CCRVC”) recently held their latest Board of Director Meeting on April 12th in Ottawa. CCRVC’s focus and primary mission is to provide for the betterment and support of the Camping and RV Industry in Canada.
The Canadian Camping and RV Council Board encompasses representatives from RVDA of Canada (“RVDA”), the Canadian Recreational Vehicle Association (“CRVA”) and the Provincial Campground Associations from British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario , New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island. The Provincial Camping Association of Quebec did not attend the Board Meetings which also included Chris Mahony, President of Go RVing Canada.
CCRVC’s Board Meetings included their participation in Lobby Day on Parliament Hill in Ottawa and renewed plans for the highly successful Canadian RVing and Camping Week to be held May 24th – 29th, 2016. CCRVC also held a strategic planning session which brought an excellent exchange of ideas for the future of CCRVC from all stakeholders.
An Economic Survey contracted by CCRVC discovered that there are currently 5.8MM Canadians camping but that 55% of the campers today utilize a tent instead of an RV. “We want to find ways to convince the millions of Canadians who currently camp in a tent to find the benefits of progressing to an Recreation Vehicle” said Robert Trask Chairman of the CCRVC. “By investing in the Economic Survey, CCRVC now possesses the facts to verify the camping habits and wants of an average Canadian which we can now apply in our industry marketing strategies” continued Trask.
George Goodrick past Chairman of RVDA added “The RVDA of Canada views the Canadian Camping and RV Council as an important component of the Canadian RV Industry. The RVDA of Canada along with the CRVA has provided a significant investment in CCRVC because we saw the necessity of a strong and vibrant National Campgrounds Association in Canada. By getting all of the stakeholders around the same table and discussing common goals and challenges can only benefit all of us”.
Roger Faulkner, current President of the Canadian Recreational Vehicle Association (CRVA) echoed RVDA of Canada’s commitment to the CCRVC. “Along with RVDA, CRVA committed to CCRVC for a reason and that reason has more significance today than when we first started it back in 2013. The opportunities ahead of us are endless” said Faulkner. The Economic Survey was the trigger point, but with several new initiatives on the table we are now ready to rock and roll going forward!”
- Invitation to meet with Campgrounds on April 10th - April 1, 2019
- Parks and Campground Owners’ Association of Alberta holds Board Meetings and Assembly for Campgrounds in Alberta in Rocky Mountain House, Alberta October 17th, 2018. - October 17, 2018
- The Parks and Campgrounds Owners’ Association of Alberta and CCRVC disappointed that Federal Budget failed to include protective CRA tax measures - March 27, 2018
- Canadian Camping and RV Council meet with MPs in Ottawa - December 10, 2016
- The Honourable Gudie Hutchings announces start of Canadian RVing and Camping Week 2016 - May 24, 2016
- Parks and Campgrounds Owners’ Association of Alberta donates to citizens of Fort McMurray - May 13, 2016
- Canadian Camping and RV Council and Recreational Vehicle Dealers Association of Canada Lobby Day - April 14, 2016
- Parks and Campgrounds Owners’ Association of Alberta joins Canadian Camping and RV Council in their Board Meeting in Ottawa, Ontario - April 13, 2016
- Canadian RVing and Camping Week – May 24th-29th, 2016 - April 6, 2016